Section 48 Inspection
Our last inspection was in September 2021 where we were given an overall judgement of Good.
Catholic Life - Outstanding
Collective Worship - Outstanding
Religious Education - Good
Some of the key findings of the report include:
- There is a highly effective partnership between staff, parents, pupils, governors, and the parish which has nurtured a very high standard of Catholic life.
- Pupils and staff embrace opportunities to put their faith into action and charitable outreach together with hands-on ‘works of mercy’ are embedded features of the school’s Catholic Life.
- Staff throughout the school are exceptionally enthusiastic in the way they uphold and embrace the mission of the school. Every opportunity is taken to link the day-to-day life of the school to the mission statement in a meaningful way and there is a deep commitment amongst staff at all levels to the school’s mission.
▪ Collective Worship is at the heart of the school and pupils are deeply reverent, prayerful, and enthusiastic. Pupils are skilled at organising their own acts of worship and enjoy a rich prayer life.
- Pupils’ behaviour reflects how they embrace the school’s mission statement and try to behave in a Christ-like way. Behaviour throughout the school is of a very high standard. Pupils are extremely kind, polite and caring. They are very respectful and attentive in lessons, in Collective Worship and around the school. They are extremely proud of their school and very happy to be a part of the community.
▪ The support provided by the parish priest in all aspects of Catholic Life, Collective Worship and Religious Education is exceptional and he helps the school to continuously improve.
To read the full report, click on the link below.